Requirements to become a sperm donor
To become a sperm donor, you must above all have good sperm quality. But there are other requirements, which you must meet if you are to become a sperm donor.
You cannot become a sperm donor if...
- you have haemophilia or a coagulation disease
- you have provided sex to others for money or drugs
- you have venereal warts or condylomata
- you inject medicines for non-medical reasons
- you or your family have a serious inherited disorder
- you have been a sperm donor at another sperm bank
- you have had sex with another man
- you yourself are a donor child
- you are adopted
You can apply but you must wait six months before starting if...
- you were tattooed or pierced
- you had sex with a person who is presumed to have an HIV infection or a hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection (contagious hepatitis)
The above are the most significant criteria. For a complete list, click here: Danish Health Authority Guideline no. 9356 section 3.1.2.
You can read about how to improve your sperm quality here.
If you have any questions, please contact Cryos
If you have any questions, please contact us, by email or by telephone, at +45 8676 0699